April 5, 2019
NRC is a deep conspiracy: Mamata Banerjee in Dhubri
Trinamool Chairperson Mamata Banerjee today addressed a public meeting at Dhubri in Assam. In her speech, she slammed the BJP on the issues of NRC, Citizenship Bill and chit funds.
Highlights of her speech:
- I have come to Assam several times in the past. We have been strengthening our organisation here over the last 3-4 months
- We have just started our journey here. We will be victorious here in the future. Do not think we are weak here
- When NRC draft was announced, names of 40 lakh people were excluded. I was moved by this. Voters’ names were excluded from the list. NRC is a deep conspiracy
- I had sent a delegation of Trinamool to meet the affected people, but they were stopped at the airport itself. They were assaulted. We protested and they used force on us
- An FIR had been filed against me so that I could not enter the State. When their leaders come to Bangla, we never stop them
- Their leader ‘Expiry Babu’ is going around the country. He has no other work
- In the last five years, they have destroyed the country. And they still dream of winning the throne in Delhi
- In Bangla, they demand central forces and here people are intimidated
- After NRC was announced, many people have committed suicide. In some cases, the name of the mother has been excluded, while the name of the child is there. In some cases, the name of the wife has been excluded, while the name of the husband is there.
- After a revision of the list, names of 22 lakh Hindu Bengalis were excluded. If the people here had a voice, they wouldn’t have dared to
- Names of nearly 20 lakh Muslims, Gorkhas and other people from other regions have been removed from NRC
- They have kept even women and children in detention camps. How can they do that?
- Give Trinamool a chance, we will fight for your rights in the Parliament.
- Trinamool cannot be intimidated by muscle and money power.
- Modi babu gives big speeches about chit funds in Bengal but does not utter a word in Assam. It was our government who arrested the chit fund owner.
- What about Himanta Biswa Sarma’s connections (to chit funds). We have all the documentary proof. Was action taken against him?
- They are trying to divide people on religion lines. We do not believe in the politics of division.
- BJP stands to gain by dividing Bengalis on religious lines, because if you stand united, your strength increases
- BJP has ruled Assam for 2.5 years. Do they provide rice at Rs 2/kg? We provide that in Bengal. We also provide free healthcare at government hospitals
- BJP is giving you two lollipops – NRC and Citizenship Bill. They are misleading you.
- Those who had come to India before March 25, 1971 are all Indian citizens.
- In Citizenship Amendment Bill, you will be a foreigner for 6 years, then you will be given citizenship. Why? What will you do in the 6 years? What about your job, school & every essential thing? This is nothing but a conspiracy.
- Modi is an expiry PM. He has forgotten the problems faced by tea garden workers. He has become a chowkidar now. Five years ago, he had said he was a chaiwala.
- Modi hatao, desh bachao. Trinamool (ko) chuno, pragati lao