April 8, 2019
Change is imminent at Centre: Mamata Banerjee in Nagrakata
Trinamool Chairperson Mamata Banerjee today addressed a public meeting at Nagrakata in Jalpaiguri district. In her speech, she said that the BJP has failed to keep its promises in the last five years and a change is imminent at Centre.
Highlights of her speech:
- Previous governments in the State and Centre neglected Jalpaiguri
- I come to North Bengal regularly, because I care for the people
- We have given forest pattas to the local people
- We want to secure the rights of tea garden workers. We have formed a committee to look into the wages of the workers
- Some private owners do not give the proper wage to workers. We will take legal action
- We provide 35 kg rice and atta at 47 p per kg, free electricity and water to tea garden workers
- Do not believe in false propaganda. Do not allow anyone to mislead you
- Trinamool is with the people, in every stage of life, from birth to death
- We have set up multi super specialty hospitals in Jalpaiguri, Malbazar, Alipurduar
- We have launched Swasthya Sathi scheme, with a cover of Rs 5 lakh. We will issue smart cards to women. They will be considered head of family.
- We have promised in our manifesto that 100 days’ work will be increased to 200 days and wages will be doubled
- What has BJP done for you in five years? Earlier, Modi babu used to seek votes in the name of chaiwala. Now he pretends to be a chowkidar
- For four and a half years he was busy travelling around the world, while more than 12,000 farmers committed suicide.
- About 2 crore jobs were lost due to demonetisation. He did nothing for closed tea gardens
- They come here only during elections. They are distributing money among people to join their rallies. It is not their money. It is public money
- Chowkidar only tells lies and beats his own drums. Is he a bigger leader than Gandhi that books and films are being made on him?
- Terrorism increased by 260% in the last five years. Was Modi babu asleep? Why could he not prevent these terror attacks?
- They have excluded names of 23 lakh Bengali Hindus from NRC in Assam. Names of Muslims, Nepalis and even Biharis have also been removed
- Will you be able to furnish decades-old documents of your parents, to prove your citizenship?
- They have reiterated in their Manifesto that they will bring Citizenship Amendment Bill.
- For six years, you will become foreigner. You will have no voting rights, jobs will be uncertain. After that, who will become a citizen, is up to the government.
- Change is imminent in Centre. They will not get Dilli ka laddoo.
- He has become ‘ex’ prime minister already. The mood of the nation is ‘Modi hatao, desh bachao’.
- They are carrying out mob-lynchings in the name of gau-raksha
- We have reduced unemployment by 40% while people are losing jobs across the country
- The BJP candidate in Alipurduar was responsible for violence between Terai-Dooars and the Hills. Their Cooch Behar candidate is an arms dealer, as per the CBI
- Their candidate in Darjeeling sought votes in the name of Gorkhaland in 2014 and then disappeared.
- We will work together, taking everyone along. Adivasis, Terai-Dooars and Hills will work together
- We respect our jawans. And they indulge in politics in the name of jawans.
- We do not want chowkidar. We want a leader for the country, who will work for all
- Modi ji, do not indulge in politics in the name of jawans. Why did so many jawans have to die despite the intel report?
- Why did the situation in Kashmir become worse in five years?
- We restored peace in Darjeeling and Jangalmahal but they incited violence
- Fight me if you can, catch me if you can. And if you fail, give up the throne in Delhi