April 24, 2019
All religions peacefully coexist in Bangla: Mamata Banerjee at Krishnanagar
Trinamool Chairperson Mamata Banerjee addressed a rally in Krishnanagar today. She said that people of Bangla believe in peaceful co-existence.
Highlights of her speech:
- The BJP’s culture is about weapons – taking out processions with weapons in hand. This is so unlike Bangla.
- They don’t know our culture, our people – they know nothing but instigating riots
- All religions peacefully coexist in Bangla. There is unity in diversity. And I participate in all festivities.
- We speak gently, have sweetness and feeling in our words – unlike them. We love and respect all languages.
- The Centre takes away a lot of money as cess and does not give anything to us. For many crucial schemes, they have decreased the funds. On top of that, we have to pay a lot of money for the debt repayment.
- Despite this, we provide so many benefits for the people.
- Our MPs have spent so much time for the people. We don’t need to spend black money.
- And what about the BJP? Because of them, 12,000 farmers have committed suicides, so many business and livelihoods were destroyed because of demonetisation.
- They have removed the names of 22 lakh Hindus in Assam NRC on the basis of false reasoning. Our MPs went to Assam to fight for the people.
- Our Hinduism is the one preached by our saints and our forefathers, not the one preached by Modi and Amit Shah.
- Be it Shri Ramakrishna or Swami Vivekananda – they all preached about communal harmony. We have grown up hearing such stories.
- The BJP is giving away money from big boxes, and giving gifts to influence voters.
- My family is Maa-Mati-Manush and my gotra is Maa-Mati-Manush as I feel that if my people are happy, I will also be happy.
- The duo are coming here and telling people that I don’t supposedly allow you to hold Durga Pujas. But that is a stark lie. Don’t I allow you to hold Durga Puja?
- It is my responsibility to ensure that Hindus and Muslims, Adivasis and even the smallest minorities get equal opportunities.
- The Prime Minister lies so much. He should have respect for the post of Prime Minister.
- The BJP and its party’s Prime Minister have no work – the latter is only interested in visiting other countries.
- Every vote is important to defeat Narendra Modi. The time has come to fight the BJP and defeat it.
- First he called himself a chaiwallah, now calls himself a Chowkidar. But he is a ‘chor’ Chowkidar?
- We will help in the formation of a new government at the Centre in the coming days.