May 13, 2019
People will teach BJP a lesson for insulting Bangla: Mamata Banerjee at Budge Budge
Trinamool Chairperson Mamata Banerjee today addressed a public meeting at Budge Budge in South 24 Parganas district. It falls under Diamond Harbour Lok Sabha constituency.
She said that people of the State will teach the BJP a lesson for insulting Bangla. She slammed the BJP National President for calling Bangla ‘kangal’ and called him half-educated and ill-informed.
Highlights of her speech:
- He accuses us of being ‘tolabaj’. They say Mamata Banerjee has made Bangla ‘kangal’. Does he even know the meaning of ‘kangal’? How dare he? How does he get the audacity? People of Bangla will teach him a lesson for insulting our State. These half-educated, ill-informed leaders know nothing about Bangla
- A leader does not fall from the sky. A leader is created from the grassroots – by working for the people
- In my family, everyone is involved in politics. But none of them are in public life, because I never wanted that. Only one member of my family is in public life, but BJP is jealous of him also.
- Modi babu, before attacking Abhishek Banerjee, find out about your own wife. Do you even know what family means?
- The BJP only orchestrates riots. They practice politics of division. I am ready to give my life, but never allow riots.
- Before coming to power, he talked about ‘achhe din’. Instead, prices of fuel, cooking gas are skyrocketing. He picked people’s pockets by carrying out demonetisation.
- Jagai-Madhai-Bidaai (BJP-CPIM-Congress) have become one. Do not give them a single vote
- They promised to deposit Rs 15 lakh in every bank account by bringing back black money. Did he do that? No
- They come to Bangla and say Durga Puja has been stopped here. They do not even know how Maa Durga looks like. Who are they talk about religion? We worships many gods and goddesses. Hindu religion is ancient, much older than the BJP
- I feel ashamed of the prime minister, who is a big liar. When I am asked who is your prime minister, I feel like replying ‘I don’t know’ until the next government is formed
- On this day in 2011, Bangla voted for poriborton (change). Today, we are giving the clarion call once again – Modi Hatao, Desh Bachao. Modi babu is on his way out
- One minister from Assam, who received money from Saradha chit fund, has brought bags full of money. He has stationed himself in Diamond Harbour. In the next few days, they will try to buy your votes in lieu of money. Do not fall in their trap.
- Narendra Modi is the biggest danger facing the country today. Ensure he is defeated