May 2, 2019
Ensure the ‘gaddars’ lose their deposit: Mamata Banerjee at Bhatpara
Trinamool Chairperson Mamata Banerjee today addressed a public meeting at Bhatpara in North 24 Parganas. Bhatpara Assembly constituency goes for bypolls on May 19 while the election for Barrackpore Parliamentary constituency (under which Bhatpara falls) is scheduled on May 6.
In her speech, she launched an attack on the ‘gaddars’ who have joined BJP. She said that there are some people whose demands can never be satisfied. There are two ‘gaddars’ in this constituency who only want more and more benefits for themselves.
She urged the people to ensure the ‘gaddars’ lose their deposit.
Highlights of her speech:
- There are some people whose demands can never be satisfied. There are two ‘gaddars’ in this constituency who only want more and more benefits for themselves
- We have had enough of goondagiri and gaddari. Elections will be over soon. What will they do after that? If you want peace, you must take the right decision
- The father-son duo here only want to amass wealth for themselves. They are not interested in serving the people. Ensure they lose their deposit
- You have supported Trinamool from the day the party was formed. We are grateful to you
- We have renovated the Mangal Pandey Park in Barrackpore. We have constructed stadiums in Naihati, Barrackpore, Barasat
- We are planning to set up another airport in Barrackpore area. Dumdum Airport has reached saturation
- In Bengal there is no enmity between Hindi-speakers and Bengali-speakers. There is no discrimination between Hindus and Muslims.
- The BJP is trying to instigate riots. We will not allow communal violence. We will not spare the riots
- What has Narendra Modi done for the last five years? He must give an account to the people. This is an election to elect the government at Centre
- Narendra Modi claimed 40 Trinamool MLAs are in touch with him. He is indulging in horse trading. This is not a befitting statement for the Prime Minister. Let him tell us even one name
- He can buy BJP workers for money, not Trinamool. There may be one or two gaddars (who switch sides when denied ticket)
- RSS pracharaks are running around with bags full of money. From half-pants they have graduated to the shopping mall culture
- He is controlling all media. Those who do not tow his line, agencies raid them
- If Modi comes back to power, democracy will be destroyed. Constitution will be changed; your rights will be taken away
- Modi and BJP are the biggest threats to democracy
- Sepoy Mutiny was sparked off from Barrackpore. Some historians call it the first war of independence. I urge the people of Barrackpore to create history once again and defeat the BJP
- BJP remembers Ram only during elections. They have not even built the Ram Mandir in five years. Let them come and see how we have developed the temples and religious sites in Bangla
- BJP tries to instigate violence. They’d themselves throw bombs at temples and then blame it on Muslims. Do not fall in their trap