May 7, 2019
Duryodhan-Dushashan duo running the show at Centre: Mamata Banerjee at Barjora
Trinamool Chairperson Mamata Banerjee today addressed a public meeting at Barjora (Bankura district) in the Bishnupur Lok Sabha constituency. She said that for the last five years, the Central Govt has been run by the Duryodhan and Dushashan duo. It is high time for them to be voted out, she maintained.
Highlights of her speech:
- This election is for the Central Government, which has for the last five years been ruled by a Duryodhan-Dushashan duo.
- Narendra Modi is coming here and asking explanations from me. But this is a general election. Therefore it is he who has to give explanations to the people about his work.
- The MoU for the Deocha-Pachami coal mine has still not been signed by the Centre – depriving us of our rightful demand. Similarly, they are not approving the name ‘Bangla’, which our government has proposed for the State.
- The Central Government has done nothing – just slept like Kumbhakarna, and toured the world. And he has TV channels named after him. Then there is ‘Mann Ki Baat’; every Sunday people had to listen to his lectures. No other prime minister has had to do these.
- We have done what we promised. We promise in our manifesto only what we can do, and we have even exceeded in many cases. For example, we had promised to create 50,000 ponds and we actually created 2.5 lakh ponds.
- Despite requesting Modi numerous times, the DVC has not been modernised. We are spending Rs 130 crore on it, so that the dam can hold more water and prevent the flooding of several districts.
- Election Commission is rule-bound to photograph candidates getting down from helicopters to check whether they are carrying anything illegal. But Modi is exempted from this. However, according to the law, no one can be exempted.
- In the name of ‘achhe din’ the BJP has done everything possible to hurt the people. Such are the good days it has brought.
- The BJP has made Nathuram Godse the leader of the country, replacing the great Mahatma Gandhi, whom the former killed.
- Our government has renovated and modernised places of religious worship of all religions across the State. But the Modi Government could not build even one Ram Temple in five years, and he is campaigning in the name of Ram!
- In his affidavit, while filing papers for the election, Modi didn’t mention his wife at all. The person who cannot look after his wife, how will he look after the people of the country? Charity begins at home. Therefore Narendra Modi, look at yourself first. One who can’t look after his own wife, how will he look after the country? We don’t want such a chowkidar.
- Everyone is being scared to submission using the ED, CBI and other Central agencies. But not me – I have fought the CPI(M) for 34 long years, literally, and have won. There is no part of my body which has not taken a beating from CPI(M) goons. I therefore will never be scared.