May 12, 2019
Never seen a more vindictive PM: Mamata Banerjee at Canning
Trinamool Chairperson addressed a public meeting at Canning in South 24 Parganas district. It falls under Joynagar Lok Sabha constituency.
She said that the government at the Centre has to be changed this time because there has never been a prime minister more vindictive than Narendra Modi, a prime minister who lies more than even Duryodhan and Dushasan.
Highlights of her speech:
- We have to change the govt at the Centre. I have never seen a more vindictive prime minister. Even Duryodhan and Dushasan didn’t lie so much as Narendra Modi has.
- He has destroyed the lives of every person, destroyed institutions, destroyed the country.
- Farmers suffered immensely due to demonetisation while the BJP reaped the benefits of demonetisation by filling up the party coffers.
- Narendra Modi neither gave Rs 15 lakh to each of you nor did he create the 10 crore jobs that he promised. Even whatever was there in your bank accounts, the BJP took away. They are like pickpockets. This is what Narendra Modi is like.
- Modi comes here every time and complains that we have not done anything. I request him to come here and see for himself, the amount of development we have done.
- He complains that I don’t allow Durga Puja and Saraswati Puja That’s a lie as all of you are proof of that. If Narendra Modi can’t prove his allegations he has to hold his ear and kneel down, and his assistant, 500 times.
- They have changed the history of the country. If they come back to power, they will change whatever is left of it.
- They are scaring people with the help of the CRPF and various Central agencies and organisations.
- They are murdering minorities, killing in the name of gau-raksha, ousting people – Bengalis from Assam, Biharis from Rajasthan and Maharashtra – in the name of NRC. They are threatening that they will impose NRC here. We’ll never allow that.
- He thinks that he can buy votes with money. But will you let him do that? And even that money is people’s money looted by his party.
- In the name of ‘achhe din’ he has destroyed jobs, taken away people’s money, increased prices of cooking and transport fuels, and done various other misdeeds.
- I have been fighting for a long time, even alone many a time. But I will never step back. I will fight till my last drop of energy.