May 4, 2019
As Cyclone Fani exits Bangla, Didi hits the streets – in Chandrakona and Ghatal
In view of the impending Cyclone Fani, Mamata Banerjee had suspended her political programmes on May 3. She stationed herself in Kharagpur and monitored the disaster preparedness and relief operations.
As Cyclone Fani made its way to Bangladesh, she hit the streets again. She conducted two padayatras in Chandrakona and Ghatal. Ahead of her road show, she addressed the people in Chandrakona town (Arambagh Lok Sabha constituency).
Highlights of her speech:
- I thank God, Allah, Maa Durga and Maa Kali that Bangla did not undergo many damages due to the cyclone. I am happy Maa-Mati-Manush are safe and sound.
- Some houses collapsed in Gopiballabhpur, Medinipur Paschim, Belpahari and Lalgarh in this district. The Government will restore these buildings. Necessary assistance will be provided to the houses that have been partially damaged. Do not worry.
- Do not give the BJP a single vote. I have never seen a party so immoral, bereft of ideology and lacking courtesies.
- When a party campaigns, the least we expect is basic courtesies from the other side. We support decency in politics. This is our culture. They lack these qualities. We must protect Bengali culture.
- People are saying Modi Sarkar is a government of thieves. They are saying ‘Chowkidar chor hain’. Will you give a single vote to this chowkidar?
- BJP looted people’s money during demonetisation. Farmers and labourers are committing suicide. Unemployment is on the rise. Prices of fuel and cooking gas have increased.
- A government of goons is running the show at Centre.