ASSOCHAM, India’s apex knowledge chamber, along with YES BANK, the fourth largest private bank of India, joined hands with the Government of West Bengal in the Bengal Global Business Summit, held on 7-8 January, 2015 in Kolkata.
The ASSOCHAM praised the growth story of Bengal in the last three years and said that the State’s economy will again roar like a Royal Bengal Tiger. The Chairman of ASSOCHAM Eastern council, Mr Sanjay Jhunjhunwala felt that Bengal will emerge as the new hub for finance and legal services.
Here is what the Mr Rana Kapoor, President, ASSOCHAM and also the CEO, MD of YES BANK said about the rise of Bengal:
- The growth of Bengal GSDP in the last three years is higher than the National GDP.
- Bengal’s economy is well poised to tap the huge investment potential.
- There are opportunities of accelerated growth in sectors of agri-business, manufacturing, infrastructure, health, education and tourism in Bengal.
- Business-friendly regulatory framework, easy finance and MSME focus will help the state immensely.
- State’s industry and economy will soon revive the latent spirit with all the new initiatives taken.
On the sidelines of the Summit, Mr Rana Kapoor also talked about the expansion plans of YES BANK. West Bengal will be made the central hub of operations for 13 states in India and the number of branches will be increased from 15 to 50 in another fiscal.