West Bengal Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee on the auspicious day of the Kanyashree Divas inaugurated a bouquet of developmental projects for the improvement of the health sector in the State.
The medical services inaugurated are:
• Critical Care Units at RG Kar Medical College & Hospital and Diamond Harbour District Hospital
• High Dependency Units at Arambag and Khatra Sub-divisional hospitals
• Dialysis Units at Purulia District Hospital and Bolpur Sub-divisional hospitals
• Digital X-ray services at Uttar Bangal College & Hospital, Darjeeling and Diamond Harbour District Hospitals, and College of Medicine, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Hospital, Kalyani.
• CT Scan Units at Bishnupur and Raiganj District Hospitals
• Blood Banks at Nabadweep State General Hospital, Baruipur and Gangarampur Sub-divisional hospitals
The Chief Minister also inaugurated the administrative offices of the Chief Health Director and the regional Health Transport Office of the Medinipur.
West Bengal Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee laid foundation stone for the restructured area of the Dakshineswar Temple Complex at a programme organized by the KMDA. She laid foundation stone for the widening project of the flyover connecting the area.
The projects will ensure proper passage of the pilgrims to the temple complex as well as public safety for the pedestrians.
From the same stage, the Chief Minister inaugurated Critical Care Units at the five Government hospitals: Alipurduar District Hospital, Basirhat District Hospital, Uluberia Sub Divisional Hospital, Tamluk District Hospital and Asansol District Hospital, The Chief Minister also inaugurated the High Dependency Units at Haldia Sub Divisional Hospital.
Incidentally, after today, the number of Critical Care Units in the State has risen to 25 while there are High Dependency Units in the districts at sub Divisional level.
The Chief Minister started the process of distribution of Digital Ration Cards carrying bar codes to deserving families. She also felicitated the sportspersons who represented the State at the National Games at the programme.
The Chief Minister paid a visit to the Dakshineswar Temple at the end of the programme.