August 14, 2022
Those talking about patriotism won’t be able to sing even five patriotic songs: Mamata Banerjee
Trinamool Congress Chairperson today joined a party programme in the Behala West assembly constituency.
Highlights from her speech:
- Cyclones cause a lot of damage in Bengal every year.
- Dams have burst in both the 24 Parganas.
- The destructions cause severe monetary losses every year.
- I won’t comment on any issue which is sub judice, won’t comment on the opposition parties.
- The Union government has desecrated the constitution of the country.
- Why was Keshto arrested the day before yesterday? What had he done?
- Is there any economic freedom left in the country?
- They first discredit you, but they cannot go much further.
- Modi will not win in 2024, that’s why they’ve started all this.
- Money has been distributed to make the Jharkhand government fall.
- They rampaged Keshto’s house.
- The files related to the corruption that happened during the Left Front’s rule have been burnt.
- The prices of gas and petrol are exorbitant now.
- Bengal is like the royal Bengal tiger; all these deeds won’t be tolerated here.
- Those talking about patriotism won’t be able to sing even five patriotic songs.
- The BJP is selling off the public-sector companies.
- During whose rule did the Saradha Scam take place?
- They are trying to weaken Trinamool.
- I went to Delhi, and a rumour was spread that it was for some sort of ‘setting’.
- Money power was used to make the Maharashtra government fall. Where is BJP getting so much money from?
- No one will be afraid. The people behind all these misdeeds will be judged in the people’s court.
- We will even die but will not bow down.
- Our officials are being scared by calling them to Delhi.