April 6, 2019
Do not be misled by what others are saying: Didi in Kalchini
Trinamool Congress Chairperson Mamata Banerjee today addressed a public meeting at Kalchini in Alipurduar district. Here too, like earlier today in Barobisha, she gave part of her speech in the local language, immediately connecting with the people like only she can. She urged the people to vote for Trinamool because only Trinamool can solve the people’s problems and improve their lives.
Highlights of her speech:
- I had come to Jaigaon some days back to distribute patta land. Our government has solved the problems related to this.
- Tea garden labourers must understand the situation – how land is distributed and how to make best use of the land. Our leaders will explain all this to you.
- You people must take the benefits of the schemes that we have for you. There are several programmes, from education and jobs to health and farmers’ development.
- Do not be misled by what others are saying. The BJP will make tall claims, but they are all false promises.
- We have done a lot of projects in these areas, be it in Madarihat or Chalsa or Nagrakata or Banarghata of Kalchini. We are working together for the welfare and improvement of the people.
- We do not want fighting or clashes. But the BJP is bent on creating trouble, trying to pit one community against the other. Do not fall into their trap
- For the further development of the region, John Barla is not the person. He has a notorious past. He is known for spreading fire in the Hills and Dooars regions. He will not be able to do anything for you. They will try to tempt you with money or food, but do not be misled. Do not cast your votes for him.
- Our candidate knows the tea gardens; he was once a worker and knows the problems. He is the right person to be able to solve your problems and improve your way of life.
- Smart cards for Swasthya Sathi have been created, by which a cardholder will be covered for up to Rs 5 lakh for treatment. Pregnant mothers are also covered under this scheme.
- There is no difference between the people of the hills and the plains. All are treated equally and are entitled to all the benefits.
- The chaiwala could not keep his promise of opening closed tea gardens. And now he has become a chowkidar. But he will not be successful in this also. Chowkidar jhoota hai, chowkidar lootera hai. He is selling the country in the guise of a chowkidar.
- They will try to get your votes by giving you money. Do not fall into their trap. Do not cast a single vote in their favour.
- Police officials have been transferred at the BJP’s behest. But that will not affect us. Voting will be free and fair, and the people know whom to vote for.