December 2, 2011
CM reconfirms Trinamool`s stand on FDI to PM after administrative meeting at Dankuni, Hooghli
AITMC Web News, December 2: Chief Minister Ms. Mamata Banerjee today presided an administrative meeting at Dankuni, Hooghli, On her 4th leg of district visits, to discuss on various issues related to districts in the presence of state Cabinet Ministers, Partha Chatterjee, Madan Mitra, Rachpal Singh, Rabindranath Bhattacharya and Chandranath Sinha. Administrative officers from all the blocks of the district were also present at the meeting. Few salient pointers of the meeting are as follows:
· From now on the farmers of the state will be paid in cheque instead of cash to restrict the interference of middleman
· Procurement of rice in a much simpler way to help the farmers.
· Control prices of fertilizers.
· Implementation of Kisan Credit Card and Kisan Crop Insurance. Kisan Crop Insurance will protect the farmers from losses due to flood and other natural calamities.
· Increase in the number of Cold Storage
· One month special drive throughout the state (Dec 15, 2011 – Jan 15, 2012) to remove the backlog of NREGA
· Strong implementation of the slogan “Jol Bharo – Jol Dharo”.
· Mid Day Meal to be provided to the female students up to standard 10 in Govt. schools throughout the state.
· More Specialty and Super Specialty Hospitals in Sub Divisions of the state
· Development of infrastructure i.e. roadways
· Recognition of Madrasas.
· Up-gradation of Schools from secondary to higher secondary level
· More ITI and Polytechnic colleges in the state.
· Development of pilgrimage sites i.e. Tarakeshwar, Joyrambati etc.