September 18, 2019
We requested the Centre to expedite the matter of changing the name of the State: Didi
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today met the prime minister in Delhi. She raised various issues related to Bangla. After the meeting, she addressed the media.
Highlights of her address:
• We raised the demands of the State. Despite the debt burden, the GDP growth in Bangla is the highest in the country.
• We have raised the demand of changing the name of the State. The sentiment of the people is connected with the name ‘Bangla’. We requested them to expedite the matter.
• We have won the Krishi Karman award yet again. Earlier, we won the award five years in a row.
• We have shared a paper on the economic strides made by Bangla in the last eight years, with the Prime Minister.
• The world’s second largest coal block in Deocha-Pachami has been allocated to Bangla. There will be an investment of Rs 12,000 crore on the project, which will generate more than 1 lakh employment opportunities.
• I have invited the prime minister to inaugurate the Deocha-Pachami project after Durga Pujo.
• We also discussed other matters related to the nation’s progress.
• We did not have any discussion on NRC. It was not a political meeting.