September 27, 2019
9 new spots identified by State Heritage Commission
The State Heritage Department has identified nine new heritage spots across the State. This is a big step towards preserving the rich heritage of Bangla that is centuries old, and in turn promoting tourism.
The nine are:
* Shivshakti Annapurna Temple, Barrackpore
* Brahmamoyee Kali Mata Temple, Hooghly district
* Stuart Saheb’s (indigo planter’s) bungalow (nilkuthi), Barrackpore
* St Bartholomew’s Cathedral, Barrackpore
* Krishna Bhabini Nari Siksha Mandir, Chandannagar (school)
* Prabartak Sangha headquarters, Chandannagar
* Nandalal Bhar’s house, Chandannagar
* Commonwealth War Grave Cemetery, Bhawanipore, Kolkata
* Deb Sahitya Kutir’s headquarters, College Street, Kolkata
Special measures would be taken to maintain these and make them more popular among tourists, both domestic and international.