September 6, 2018
Special buses and trams for Durga Puja shopping
The West Bengal Transport Corporation (WBTC) has decided to run special bus and tram services for Durga Puja shoppers from Kolkata and the suburbs.
The services would start from the beginning of September, and would run from 5pm to 9pm. The vehicles would run all days of the week.
Special bus routes:
- 4 routes from Esplanade – to Howrah Station, Dunlop, Behala Chowrasta and Santragachi
- 2 routes from Shyambazar – to Nager Bazar, Sodepur (via Chiria More, Sinthi More, Dunlop, Titagarh)
- 4 routes from Gariahat – to Howrah Station, Garia, Sealdah, Behala ChowrastaSpecial tram routes:
- 2 routes from Ballygunge Tram Depot – to Tollygunge Tram Depot, Khidderpore Tram Depot
- Besides these services, it has been decided by the WBTC to increase the numbers of its buses running along EM Bypass and VIP Road. The fare would be the ones fixed by the government.
- WBTC officials also said that plans are being made to run special services for sightseeing during the Puja days.
- These services would be of great help as there is a huge rush for shopping during this time of the year in Kolkata. Buses, trams, metro trains and even the suburban trains, as thousands come to Kolkata from the outskirts too, become chock-a-block with people.Source: Bartaman