July 23, 2019
Salaries of employees of Bangla Govt organisations hiked
The State Government has issued a notification, dated July 15, 2019, hiking the salaries of contractual, casual, piece-rated and daily-rated workers in the organisations wholly or partly controlled by it. These workers fall under group C and group D categories.
Earlier, on August 1, 2014, the Trinamool Congress Government had issued a notification for redeploying the excess workers under the above-mentioned categories among the different organisations under the State Government as per the needs of projects and schemes.
The increased remunerations, to be applicable from July 1, 2019, are as follows:
For group C category:
- Less than 5 years of engagement: Rs 13,500
- From 5 years to less than 10 years of engagement: Rs 15,500
- From 10 years to less than 15 years of engagement: Rs 18,000
- From 15 years to less than 20 years of engagement: Rs 21,000
- More than 20 years of engagement: Rs 24,500
For group D category:
- Less than 5 years of engagement: Rs 12,000
- From 5 years to less than 10 years of engagement: Rs 14,000
- From 10 years to less than 15 years of engagement: Rs 16,500
- From 15 years to less than 20 years of engagement: Rs 9,000
- More than 20 years of engagement: Rs 22,000
Besides the hike in salaries, the latest notification also lays down the rule that all those workers who have been working continuously for at least the last 10 years, in one or more organisations, with a minimum of 240 days of attendance per year, may continue to be engaged in the same status and capacity till attaining the age of 60.
The notification also says that in the case of death of any such worker before attaining the age of 60, the legal heirs(s) of the worker would receive a one-time death benefit of Rs 2 lakh from the organisation which employed the worker.