May 13, 2019
Modi babu has taken control of the media: Mamata Banerjee at Metiabruz
Trinamool Chairperson Mamata Banerjee addressed a meeting at Metiabruz this evening in the Diamond Harbour Lok Sabha constituency. She said that Modi babu has taken control of the media, adding that the national news channels are following whatever he says. They have been bought by him. Modi does not know anything about Bangla and he tries to talk about it.
Highlights of her speech:
- Modi babu has taken control of the media. The national news channels are following whatever he says. They have been bought by him. Modi does not know anything about Bangla and he tries to talk about it.
- This election is for setting up a govt at Centre. So please cast your vote so that Modi is ousted and the country is saved.
- He has to go because he is very divisive. In Assam, he has divided the people and excluded the names of 22 lakh Bengali Hindus from the citizen’s list who belong to this country. Names of 20 lakh Muslims have also been excluded.
- He works according to his whims and fancies. He visits Pakistan without telling anyone, he gets costly clothes made for himself and he runs after publicity. He is a very peculiar prime minister, one that we do not want.
- We do not bow to anyone. We are from Bangla, where many freedom fighters came from. We know how to struggle, for freedom and for the welfare of the people.
- They say that we are appeasing minorities. Do they know the meaning of appeasement? We treat every human being as equal, no matter what religion they may belong to.
- For five years, they don’t do anything for the people except create misery through notebandi and improper taxes. They take away funding for schemes meant for the people. Then why at all should they come back?
- Their party president comes to Bangla and challenges me. He is chirping away now, but when they will lose he will come back with a flattened face. They are all full of tall talk, trying to impose things that are not popular with the people.