May 10, 2019
BJP bringing boxes full of money to Bangla for distribution: Mamata Banerjee in Ashoknagar
Trinamool Congress Chairperson Mamata Banerjee addressed a public meeting at Ashoknagar (North 24 Parganas district) in Barasat Lok Sabha constituency. She said, the national media houses have become spokespersons of Modi. She also alleged that BJP was bringing boxes full of money from other States and distributing it among goons in Bangla.
Highlights of her speech:
- Why should so much money be spent in elections? How is so much money being circulated through Hawala? Yesterday, one candidate of BJP was caught with crores of rupees. Today also BJP leaders with Z Plus, Y Plus security, is bringing boxes full of money
- They are distributing money among goons so that they can loot the votes
- Why is the Election Commission not taking any steps? Boxes full of money won’t win you votes, BJP. They are distributing money in the dead of night
- Where did BJP get so much money? Is this the money earned during demonetisation? How much did they make from Rafale scam, Jan Dhan scam?
- Demonetisation was carried out at 8 PM and PayTM published full page ads the next morning. How did this happen?
- The national media houses have become spokespersons of Modi. They are like ‘His Master’s Voice’
- World famous TIME magazine has called the Prime Minister ‘Divider in Chief’
- The mercury is soaring. Whether it is Jangalmahal or the suburbs of Kolkata, everywhere the weather is super hot. Despite the scorching heat, the presence of crowds in large numbers today, specially women, proves people are with Trinamool. We do not have to hire agencies to bring crowds to our rallies
- A true leader is loved and revered by all. Modi babu is not loved or respected by all. He was the Prime Minister for 5 years.
- Before elections, every party makes promises in their Manifesto. The BJP promised 10 crore jobs, 15 lakh in every bank account. They not only failed to fulfill these promises, but unemployment is the highest in the country in 45 years. On the other hand, unemployment reduced in Bangla by 40%
- This is not Bangla’s Assembly election. We will give an account of the work done by us when we go for polls. This is Lok Sabha election. You must give us an account. Instead, he says, nothing has happened in Bangla
- An industrial estate is coming up on 50 acres of land in Ashoknagar where 20,000 employment opportunities will be created.
- From Arsenic-free drinking water to roads, hospitals to bridges, universities to polytechnic colleges – we have done it all
- Dr Kakoli Ghosh Dastidar has been vocal in Parliament against the rise in fuel prices, lynching in the name of gau-raksha, anti-people policies of the government, atrocities against Dalits. Our MPs are dedicated
- The Prime Minister is not qualified to become even a ward councillor
- He even makes speeches by reading them off teleprompters. I challenge him to a debate, without teleprompters, papers or any other devices. Let him do it on a channel he likes
- The Planning Commission was a brainchild of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. He has dismantled it and formed Niti Aayog, with some RSS sympathisers
- He only understands riots, lynching and gau-raksha
- He demonetised notes on a whim and claimed terrorism will be eliminated. Has it happened? No. On the contrary, there has been a 260% increase in terrorism under his watch
- When Bengal was partitioned, Rabindranath started Rakhee Bandhan to spread communal harmony. And today, BJP divides people on the basis of religion
- When I visited Puri, they tried to prevent me from entering Jagannath Temple. They stopped me from going to Chicago to attend 125th anniversary of Swami Vivekananda’s address. They prevented me from giving a lecture at St Stephens’ College in Delhi
- I have worked under many Prime Ministers, but never seen a bigger liar
- He says we do not allow Durga Puja in Bangla. This is complete lie. On the contrary, when we announced grants for 28,000 Durga Puja organisers, they went to court. They sent IT notices to 40 clubs in Kolkata who organise Durga Puja
- They pretend to be the flag-bearers of Hinduism, can they even name all the forms of Maa Kali? Do they know the mantras? Hinduism has several gods and goddesses. Unity in diversity is our culture. Like Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs also have their festivals. We celebrate it all. This is Bengali culture. Why should be borrow someone else’s culture?
- They sent a special observer who is a retired officer. They have deployed 100% central forces in every booth. No matter how hard they try, people will show their support for Trinamool
- He says I want to slap him. He must understand our language. I said I will give him slap of democracy. In a democracy, every vote is a slap. People will give democratic slaps through their votes
- Say no to riots, goondaism, politics of riots and violence. Vote for peace, unity, harmony