May 7, 2019
BJP’s promise of ‘achhe din’ has been an empty promise: Mamata Banerjee at Ranibandh
Trinamool Congress Chairperson Mamata Banerjee today addressed a public meeting at Ranibandh in the Bankura Lok Sabha constituency. She said that the BJP’s promise of ‘achhe din’ has been an empty promise, and so not a single vote should go to it.
Highlights of her speech:
- The BJP’s promise of ‘achhe din’ has been an empty promise. The BJP Govt has neither given Rs 15 lakh to each citizen nor jobs, as promised – on the other hand, 12,000 farmers committed suicide out of desperation.
- These areas are not new to me. I have been coming here for many years, much before I became the chief minister. Once these areas were the hub of Maoist terror, but no longer are they so. And it is our government that has done it, giving relief to the people.
- The BJP could not do it. We cleaned up the area of Maoist menace.
- I am happy that my Adivasi brothers and sisters and others here are again living in peace.
- One of the most important projects being done here is piped drinking water for the people. The Rs 3,000-crore project being implemented by our government would be completed in one year. Already a part of it has been completed.
- I came here today to speak not of my achievements but of the Centre’s. And despite being in power for five years, it has done nothing but instigate riots – between people of different religions, different castes and creeds.
- For farmers, we have started crop insurance for farmers, upto Rs 5,000 per year against croplands for every farmer, money to the family of a farmer if he dies an untimely death.
- We have done everything, but this election is to determine whether Modi would remain in Delhi or not. I say that he should not.
- The Centre, despite my telling them so many times, has not enabled the DVC to release less water during rains and floods so that vast areas in Bankura district are not washed away, bringing
- Narendra Modi has given neither food nor clothes nor shelter. He has made three crore people jobless.
- Earlier he called himself a chaiwallah. Now he no longer calls himself so because for five years he just toured the world and his party’s people went around beating and threatening people.
- The RSS’ Nathuram Godse killed Gandhiji, and now the RSS and BJP are teaching morality to the people. What an irony!
- Now Modi calls himself a chowkidar, lekin chowkidar chor hain aur jhoota hain.
- He lies constantly when coming here and tells people that I don’t allow Durga Puja. I tell Modi that he himself has no idea about Maa Durga. We celebrate all festivals here peacefully.
- I will never give the slogan of the BJP people to give. I will chant Jai Hind, Vande Mataram, Durga Maa Ki Jai, Kali Maa Ki Jai and others, but never the BJP’s slogan
- Don’t give a single vote to the BP. He has never come here when people needed, and is now here only because of the elections.
- In Jharkhand, the BJP was trying to forcefully take away the pattas of the Adivasis. I sent my ministers to stop it. On the other hand, my government here gives patta rights to the Adivasis and means for livelihood.
- No longer do we want a BJP Government at the Centre. In Bangla, the people are much better than in other States. All enablers for a happy life are here.
- We will open an Ol-Chiki university in the future.
- We will do everything for Bangla, but we’ll never support the BJP. the BJP is offering people money in exchange for votes.
- If the BJP comes back in power, there’ll be no culture or self-respect or livelihood of the people left.
- The BJP will lose across the country, and in Bangla, it would get a ‘laddoo’, a big zero.