February 2, 2019
Bangla Govt ensuring farmers’ welfare with old-age pension
Besides the recent announcements of the Krishak Bandhu Scheme and the full payment of subsidies for crop insurance by the State Government, and the earlier announcements of the waiving off duties on mutation and of agricultural tax, another announcement has been made – pension for farmers.
The pension amount would be Rs 1,000 per farmer.
Listed below are the rules for the pension, as recently published in a government advertisement:
- Minimum age should be 60 years, and for differently-abled farmers, 55 years
- Must be a resident of Bangla for the preceding 10 years
- To be a farmer, must own a maximum of 1 acre, and to be a bargadar, must own a maximum of 2 acres, or can be a landless labourer
- Should not have any other source of income or not have anyone to take care of
- Should not be drawing any emoluments or pension through any other scheme of either the State or the Central Government