May 2, 2019
You know it is election season when BJP talks about Ram: Mamata Banerjee at Palta
Trinamool Chairperson Mamata Banerjee today addressed a public meeting at Palta (Barrackpore Lok Sabha constituency) in North 24 Parganas district.
In her speech, she said that you know it is election season when BJP starts talking about Ram. She also slammed the BJP for trying to import divisive politics into Bangla.
Highlights of her speech:
- You know it is election season when BJP starts talking about Ram. They have failed to build the Ram temple. Even Ganga ghats in Varanasi have not been cleaned
- They have the audacity to say that no development has taken place in Bangla. When people were suffering during the previous regime, BJP was nowhere to be seen
- The ‘Mahant’ of Kapil Muni’s ashram at Gangasagar told me, Ramchandra has become an election agent of BJP
- Let the BJP come to Bangla and see the development we have done in Gangasagar, Tarapith, Tarakeshwar, Bakreswar, Kankalitala. Let them come and see the skywalk at Dakshineswar
- We have even renovated the ghats where Chhath Puja is held every year
- Dinesh Trivedi has won the ‘Best Parliamentarian’ award. It is a matter of pride for the party as well as the people of his constituency. If we did not give him a ticket, would it have been good?
- Dinesh Da has been with the party since its inception. During Singur-Nandigram, he put forth party’s views in Parliament
- Even Saugata Roy, our candidate in Dumdum, is an excellent Parliamentarian
- We opposed the Citizenship Amendment Bill. As per the Bill, you will be declared a foreigner for six years at first. Then they will give you citizenship; that will depend on their whims
- Those who came to India till March 25, 1971, are Indian citizens as per the Indira-Mujib and Nehru-Liaquat agreements. Nobody can take away your citizenship
- We have recognised 88 refugee colonies. There are some colonies on central government land. We have asked them to regularise them
- If the BJP loves Hindus so much, why were names of 22 lakh Hindus removed from NRC in Assam? They killed 5 Dalit Bengalis in Assam in cold blood
- I have seen many goons and gaddars. I cannot be intimidated so easily. I have struggled all my life. I am not scared. My mission is to oust Modi from power