May 25, 2018
Indo-Bangladesh ties will always be strong: Bengal CM
Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today attended the inauguration of Bangladesh Bhaban in Santiniketan. Funded by the Bangladesh Government, this Bhaban has been set up with cooperation from the Visva-Bharati authorities. The Prime Ministers of India and Bangladesh were also present.
Highlights of the Chief Minister’s speech:
- My best wishes and greetings to all the people in ‘epaar’ and ‘opaar Bangla’. I hope this Bhaban becomes a site of pilgrimage in the days to come.
- Thank you for inviting me on this auspicious and proud occasion. I am honoured. I enjoyed today’s programme immensely.
- Indo-Bangladesh ties will always be strong.
- We cannot imagine Bengal without Rabindranath and Nazrul. Similarly, Bangladesh is also incomplete without them.
- It is Kazi Nazrul Islam’s birth anniversary tomorrow. He is the national poet of Bangladesh. We can go on and on if we speak about his works.
- We have set up a university named after Kazi Nazrul Islam. Haseena Ji will be going there tomorrow. We will felicitate her there.
- We have named the Andal airport after Kazi Nazrul Islam. We have set up Nazrul Academy and Nazrul Tirtha. We have instituted a Chair after Kazi Nazrul too.
- We also want to set up a Bhaban in Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s memory.
- My best wishes and greetings to everyone in India and Bangladesh on the occasion of Ramzan.