March 18, 2019
If the schemes for the poor not continued, then they will suffer: Mamata Banerjee
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee addressed the media at Nabanna today.
Here are the salient points that she said:
* Have instructed the chief secy to request EC to allow development programmes started before the poll dates were announced.
* Told to carry out relief work in storm affected areas. Permission sought to give relief to the families of deceased and severely affected
* If the schemes for the poor not continued, then they will suffer
* Among them are Khadya Sathi scheme, pension and health schemes, tea garden schemes
* These are public schemes and the people will suffer if they are discontinued for almost three months