June 10, 2019
Bangla leads among States in every sphere: Mamata Banerjee
Bangla Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today chaired an administrative review meeting with the ministers and secretaries of various departments at Nabanna. After the meeting she held a press conference.
She said that the state government’s performance in the financial year 2017-18 was very good, despite not being able to carry out developmental work for several months, due to elections.
State government’s performance in 2017-18:
• GST collection during this period increased by 23%
• Plan expenditure (PE) increased by six times in the last 8 years. In 2017-18, PE was Rs 71,338 crore whereas in 2010-11 it was Rs 11,837 crore. PE increased by 23% compared to last year.
• Capital expenditure increased by 11 times in the last 8 years and it also saw an increase by 25% compared to last year.
• Social sector expenditure increased by 9 times in the last 8 years. In 2010-11, the expenditure was Rs 6,845 crore. The amount has increased to Rs 31,007 crore in 2017-18.
• The budget for agricultural sector in 2010-11 was Rs 3000 crore, whereas it has increased to Rs 28,302 crore in 2017-18. Agricultural budget increased by 40% compared to the last financial year.
• Expenditure on physical infrastructure has increased by 5 times in the last 8 years, from Rs 1,758 crore in 2010-11 to Rs 9,553 crore in 2017-18.
She added that the state government has pay Rs 56,000 crore for debt servicing in this fiscal year. In fact, over the last 8 years the state has repaid Rs 2,74,000 crore for the debt incurred by the Left Front Government.