July 7, 2015
Will generate employment for more than one lakh people in Birbhum: WB CM
West Bengal Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee conducted the 99th Administrative Review Meeting at Birbhum. Along with herself, the West Bengal Chief Minister had the entire state secretariat at the BDO level to solve the issues concerning the district.
After the meeting the West Bengal Chief Minister announced a bouquet of projects for the district which include the following:
- 300 bed hospitals to be constructed at Siuri and Rampurhat
- We are giving rice at Rs 2 per Kg, by September we will be able to give rice at Rs 3 per Kg and wheat at Rs 2 per Kg to 3 crore people
- We have already issued digital ration card to 2.80 crore people which is 92% coverage of this district
- Rs 8 crore has been allotted for repair of mud houses in Rampurhat Mahakuma
- Rs 9.80 crore has been allotted for the development of Tarapith
- Rs 3.46 crore has been allotted for the development of Bakreshwar
- Baul Mela will be organised on 6th January before the Joydeb Mela
- 5 new police stations are to be set up in Birbhum at Parapith, Shantiniketan, Pikar, Loharpur and Mallarpur
- Helicopter services will commence between Kolkata and Tarapith which will operate weekly
- Gitanjali City will be set up on an area of 100 acres
- Biswa Bangla Khudra Bazaar will be set up on an area of 50 acres for which 39 stalls have been distributed
- Rs 104 crore has been allotted for pipeline water supply project
- 5 Road Over Bridges are to be constructed by the State Highway Authority in the district
- Road widening projects have been taken up at Rampurhat and Tarapith
- Rs 10 crore has been allotted for animal husbandry farms which will be state level breeding farms at Lakshagram
The West Bengal Chief Minister said that the projects will generate employment for more than one lakh people.
She concluded by saying that Bolpur and Shantiniketan is a place of international significance and that developmental work will be undertaken to facilitate the convenience of the tourists.