July 8, 2019
State Govt to buy rice at Rs 1,750 per quintal MSP
As part of the ‘Dhan Din Cheque Nin’ scheme, the State Government has decided to buy boro rice at a minimum support price (MSP) of Rs 1,750 per quintal during the 2018-19 rabi season.
The State Food and Supplies Department would be implementing this service for the benefit of farmers. This decision has been announced through an advertisement in newspapers.
If the farmers sell the boro rice at any of the 407 paddy procurement centres at up by the State Government, they would get an additional Rs 20 per quintal.
Other features of this scheme:
- After selling at a cooperative society or paddy procurement centre, farmers would have their names listed and would receive a card against mentioning the amount sold.
- The money would be handed over at the centre in the form of a cheque
- One farmer can sell a maximum of 45 quintals
- The buying centres would be open from Monday to Saturday, from 9 AM to 3 PM
- Farmers need to have the following documents at the time of buying: a photo identity card, bank passbook containing bank’s IFSC code, 2 copies of passport-sized photos
For further information, visit www.wbpds.gov.in or call either 18003455505 or 1967 (toll-free).